Our engineers’ experience with ram air turbines (RATs) for emergency power applications is unparalleled. These specialty turbines provide emergency electric and hydraulic power for vital aircraft systems, such as flight controls and flight critical instrumentation, in the case of both primary and auxiliary power source failures. When the lights go dark, you can count on our RAT design to bring back the power.
Ram Air Turbine Design Capabilities
- Air turbine design for aerodynamic performance
- Strut design for structural dynamic loads
- Electric generator packaging
- Hydraulic pump design and packaging
- Ram air turbine special test equipment